Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bobby Hundreds’ Blog | Hypebeast


Bobby Hundreds’ Blog | Hypebeast: "François VI, duc de La Rochefoucauld, le Prince de Marcillac is my new rap name.
Just kidding.
François VI, duc de La Rochefoucauld, le Prince de Marcilla was a prolific writer. La Rochefoucauld was a 17th Century French author, he was a buncha other things also… but he’s mostly known for his proverbial statements, his maxims. By today’s standards, I guess we’d refer to them as 1-liners, except they were profound and vastly insightful on life and the human condition. Kinda like Twitter, except what he said really mattered and resonates centuries later.
I still don’t really understand Twitter. I will be honest, it’s rather ridiculous. I even tried retiring for bit, but then realized that in my line of work I kinda have to do things like that. Annoying. I hate Tweeting product updates or anything related to The Hundreds, I feel like a smarmy salesman. I hate sharing my personal life online, I’m barely interested in whatever I’m doing at the moment, so I’d be surprised if anyone else cared about it. So if you’re 1 of my 10,000 Followers, I’m sure you’ve gotten used to my bad jokes and occasionally, the poor attempt to be La Rochefoucauldian. I apologize."

0 comments: