Thursday, July 16, 2009

Forgotten Ministries: This is for my Boy Levi Help Him Out!


Hey Guys, So the summer up at Hume is amazing and God is really doing some big things in our lives. He’s been rocking our worlds and has recently put it on our hearts to give instead of take. So often we get consumed with pleasing ourselves and not pleasing the will of God. I know for the three of us we have gone through life worrying about only helping ourselves and trying to win the approval of men instead of God. Galatians 1:10 says, “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” God has made it evident that we are not being the servants that we are called to be and that is why we have decided to start up a ministry to serve and help others. THE FORGOTTEN MINISTRIES is based upon Matthew 25:35-36, “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” We feel that God Has brought us into each other’s lives to start this ministry and it’s something we can’t ignore. Currently, we are looking to fundraise money by selling wristbands and shirts we have created. The wristbands simply state the message “THE FORGOTTEN” to raise awareness for those that are in need of God’s love. The shirts are still in the process of being made but we wanted to give you guys a head’s up of what were doing. We are currently looking at starting with local outreach in our hometown’s and schools and seeing where God takes it from there. We ask that you keep us in your prayers as we start this ministry. If you have any questions or are interested in helping our vision become a reality please contact us at THEFORGOTTENMINISTRIES@gmail.com. Please help us to remind the world of those that have been forgotten.The HungryThe ThirstyThe SickGrace and Peace,Levi Peterson, Wade Batchelor, Geoff Shields

0 comments: